Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow...

I hate to admit something that everyone else has known all along - I'm human. I have fears and weaknesses and though I think I'm pretty handy at compartmentalizing my life, these past several weeks have really pushed me beyond my meager capabilities - but not beyond God's.

Several weeks ago my bride of 32 years, during a routine procedure, was found to have an unidentified spot on her liver. Prudent medicine required scheduling a CT scan which was done a week ago Friday. Then the wait to have it read and the wait for another doctor's appointment to get the results.

Early on we determined that everything was going to be OK and, in any event, it was in God's hands. It seemed so easy for Cheryl who is a woman of unshakable faith. For me... while I could push that compartment door closed I couldn't lock it shut. While I placed her health in God's hands my fears would creep in. I found myself driving from service call to service call with teary eyes.

Prayer was the only thing that provided peace. I have grown enough in my walk to pray that God's will be done rather than "God, let's make a deal." However, I surely let Him know the desires of my heart.

Today we received an answer to that prayer. I missed the medical terms but it was something about blood vessels and the equivalent to a birth mark on her liver. Praise God! She (Cheryl) has to put up with me for years to come yet!

My relief knows no bounds. On the ride home I was so excited I offered to take her to Hawaii. Ever practical she said, "stay focused Todd."

WOW! My cup is overflowing.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I'm very happy for you! Praise God! She turned down a trip to Hawaii? Wow! Must be the FPU training kicking in! Like you say in your profile, you are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete